Make It Mine

Two days ago,







Green Monster enjoyed with carrot zucchini cake with a lot of almond butter.



Then I went to Wilby's house to make lunch together. He had this awesome idea of finding a dish from Cactus Club Cafe's online menu and using the description of it to recreate it ourselves! We recreated their Raincoast Greens salad. This is their description of it: "raincoast greens - grilled chicken, avocado, tomato, feta, egg, pecans, seasonal berries, lemon-thyme vinaigrette". We replaced the chicken with potato croquettes and sort of improvised the dressing.


My tater croquettes before they went in the pan. We had a competition to see who made the better croquettes. I think I won. :)





It turned out deeeelicious! I wish I could say I had that whole dish to my myself! I really want to do this again sometime. There's a plethora of food inspiration in restaurant menus for people like me lacking in meal creativity as of late!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About


Hi, I'm Gail. I'm a 20 year old student in Vancouver, BC. I dance and I take photographs. I have a wishbone where my backbone ought to be.

This is a place for experiments and mistakes and inconsistency and trying to find out who I am and what I want to do. This blog is a collection of bad pictures, great pictures, good luck, real food, run-on sentences, happiness, inspiration, beautiful things, and moments in time.

Subscribe to Blog


Search My Blog


Recent Posts