Pesto Perpetuo





I'm researching about growing my own container veggies & herbs. I was sort of dwindling on that idea for a while but after reading this article on container gardens in Martha Stewart (yeah, what), I want to do this up for real. I figure, 90% of the food I eat & buy are fruits & veggies and I'm running out of money with no income so why not grow my own, right? The thing with growing plants, for me anyway, is that I don't have any idea how they're feeling and what they want so I'm really iffy about knowing when I need to water them or when they've had enough sunlight, etc. With a dog or something, you'll know exactly when they're hungry or when they want to go outside or when they need to pee because they'll definitely let you know one way or another. Growing plants has always seemed so temperamental to me and I don't know if I'm going to do it right.

I'm certain I want to grow cherry tomatoes and herbs to start out. I'm looking at the Tiny Tim variety of tomatoes and mint, basil, thyme, and parsley for herbs. I'm super excited to do this but first, I need to figure out how to lug 20lbs. bags of soil and pots from Rona to my house without a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About


Hi, I'm Gail. I'm a 20 year old student in Vancouver, BC. I dance and I take photographs. I have a wishbone where my backbone ought to be.

This is a place for experiments and mistakes and inconsistency and trying to find out who I am and what I want to do. This blog is a collection of bad pictures, great pictures, good luck, real food, run-on sentences, happiness, inspiration, beautiful things, and moments in time.

Subscribe to Blog


Search My Blog


Recent Posts