Golden Hour

Two days before Desiree left for China, we had a BBQ at Locarno Beach (although technically, it was way past Locarno and also past Spanish Banks). Unluckily for us, it happened to be the windiest day of the year. Not exaggerating one bit. It was CRAZY out there. In the morning, our recycling was being blown all over the backyard, Timmy Bahzle got blown off the porch onto the stairs, the waves at the beach were monstrous, and everytime we tried to eat, our hair would fly into our mouths instead. What a perfect day for a BBQ.

I did, however, arrive there at the golden hour so I got some nice pictures.

























By the time it got dark, I was so fed up with being freezing cold, a couple of us sat in Megan's car for the rest of the night. We had butt warmers, suckas! We also had an unsuccessful bonfire on the beach but by then I think most people just wanted to get the hell out of there because it was pitch black outside and crazy windy. Afterwards, we went to Raymond's other house. His family bought the house, sold it, then recently bought it back. It was completely rundown, with broken floor tiles, dead bugs, and everyone had to share a quarter of a roll of toilet paper in the washroom. It felt like we were breaking into an abandoned house. We drank and played cards there and I ended up staying until 5am when it was already light out. We stayed for that long mostly because Chris was wasted (for the 3rd time in 4 days) and Desiree puked out of her car window and we couldn't do anything about them.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are amazing sunrise shots!!!

Post a Comment

About


Hi, I'm Gail. I'm a 20 year old student in Vancouver, BC. I dance and I take photographs. I have a wishbone where my backbone ought to be.

This is a place for experiments and mistakes and inconsistency and trying to find out who I am and what I want to do. This blog is a collection of bad pictures, great pictures, good luck, real food, run-on sentences, happiness, inspiration, beautiful things, and moments in time.

Subscribe to Blog


Search My Blog


Recent Posts