Happy Birthday, Canada

July 1st was Canada Day! Wilson and I celebrated the day by checking out the YCCD thing at Renfrew Park, going to Yaletown to shoot the Yaletown Grand Prix, a running and bike race event, going to eat at Cactus Club, and watching the Canada Day fireworks from the Burrard Street Bridge. Shooting the Grand Prix was cool - I've never attempted to do pans before and I think some of them turned out nice! The Yaletown Cactus Club we went to had the nicest washrooms ever. Wilson said they were supposed to be the nicest restaurant restrooms in the city or something. The fireworks themselves were a disappointment only because we realized that watching them from the Burrard Street Bridge kind of sucks. And shooting them from there is even worse unless you have something like a 300mm lens. But it was was still a great night, great sunset, a great view, and a great boy to spend it with!











No comments:

Post a Comment

About


Hi, I'm Gail. I'm a 20 year old student in Vancouver, BC. I dance and I take photographs. I have a wishbone where my backbone ought to be.

This is a place for experiments and mistakes and inconsistency and trying to find out who I am and what I want to do. This blog is a collection of bad pictures, great pictures, good luck, real food, run-on sentences, happiness, inspiration, beautiful things, and moments in time.

Subscribe to Blog


Search My Blog


Recent Posts